G9 is a high yielding cavendish variety.The Plant grows to a height of 6.5 to 7.5 Feet. The bunches can be harvested within eleven to twelve months from the date of planting the tissue culture plants.
The fruits of Grand Nain Banana variety are delicious to eat and keeping quality of the fruit is high compared to our native varieties.
It is recommended to plant 1200 plants / acre with spacing of 6 x 6 ft.
Banana is basically a tropical crop, grows well in varied temperature ranging from humid tropical to dry mild subtropics through selection of appropriate varieties like Grand Naine. It is a moisture- and heat-loving plant and cannot tolerate frost or arid conditions.
Soil for banana should have good drainage, adequate fertility and moisture. Deep, rich loamy soil with pH between 6-7.5 are most preferred for banana cultivation. Inadequate drained, poorly aerated and nutritionally deficient soils are not suitable for banana. Saline solid, calcareous soil are not suitable for Banana cultivation. Avoided soil of low laying areas, very sandy & heavy black cotton with ill drainage.
A soil that is not too acidic & not too alkaline, rich in organic material with high nitrogen content, adequate phosphorus level and plenty of potash are good for banana.
- Each bunch will be having 10 to 12 hands with 175 to 225 number of fruits.
- High yield (Avg. 30 kg per plant)
- Excellent keeping quality.
- Long cylindrical fruits with less curvature.
- Tissue cultured plants are very healthy & resistant to desease
- Attractive yellowish green color at maturity.
- Bananas contain tryptophan, type of protein that the body converts into serotonin known to make you relax and generally make one feel happier.
- Bananas are said to control depression, anemia (because of high iron content), blood pressure (because the fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt), reducing the risk of stroke.,
- The banana is said to calm the stomach and with some honey and milk added to it, can build up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and rehydrates the system.
- The banana not only neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of stomach; it also helps people trying to give up smoking. The B6, B12 vitamins with potassium and magnesium contained in the fruit helps the body to recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Orchard & Home Garden