Iran & North India
Pomegranate is a fruit-bearing deciduous shrub or small tree. Pomegranate fruit is very high in potassium, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Apart from its demand for fresh fruits and juice, the processed products like wine and candy are also gaining importance in world trade. Bhagva/Sindhuri variety of Pomegranate is a highly productive variety with large fruit size of distinct deep Saffron colour. Its arils are of deep red colour.
Pomegranate required cool winters and hot dry summers. Pomegranate grows well under semi-arid conditions. The tree requires hot and dry climate during fruit development and ripening.
- Fruit size large- 250 gms to 400 gms
- Excellent keeping quality.
- Fruit harvesting will be after 2 years of planting
- Tissue cultured plants are very healthy & resistant to desease
- Super Sindhuri variety has bigger fruits than Sindhuri
- 100-g serving of pomegranate seeds provides 12% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin C, 1
- 6% DV for vitamin K and 10% DV for folate,
- Pomegranate seeds are a rich source of dietary fiber (20% DV) which is entirely contained in the edible seeds.
- Pomegranate seed oil contains punicic acid (65.3%), palmitic acid (4.8%), stearic acid (2.3%), oleic acid (6.3%), and linoleic acid (6.6%)
Good for a Garden, Farm & Bonsai